Tuesday 17 August 2010

Goodbye Old Room


I have now returned from a lovely restful holiday in Italy and have spent the day clearing my study room in the famous Fisher Tower. I could have almost done with a shovel to get through the tons of paper and old over-head projector slides - hours of prep. for lectures.
Everything is in boxes and ready to go.
Monday was spent in London meeting with Pie Corbett and Jonathon Rooke discussing plans for a series of conferences around the country on the subject of writing with Pie and me as the key notes. We met in the British Library and Pie was very keen to show me the Beowulf manuscript which is on display. Looks like the conferences will begin in Winchester in March 2011. We had a very interesting discussion about teaching writing - tuning into what we each believed about the subject - general consensus was reached in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment