Monday 11 April 2011

CLPE Poetry Prize







The Centre for Literacy in Primary Education (CLPE) has asked me to judge their poetry prize. I did this last year with John Agard who had won the previous year. I will be judging this year's competition with the Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy. As you might imagine, I'm thrilled.


I'll be sitting in a room with the Poet Laureate, Margaret Meek (Chair) and others discussing poetry written for children. Bliss.


I want to recommend 'Little Red Hood' by Marjolaine Leray. It was originally published in French. It's a quick read, but with plenty of depth. It's an intriguing take on the traditional tale. The illustrations (in pencil) are superb.










































1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the book, Andrew!Best wishes to you! Also, I was delighted to hear of your appointment to serve as a judge of the poetry prize - many congratulations. Please keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete