Wednesday 8 July 2009

John Agard wins CLPE Poetry Prize 2009




Last night I attended The Centre for Literacy in Primary Education's Poetry Awards. John Agard was the winner with his superb poem 'The Young Inferno' Regular readers of my blog will know I was one of the three judges with Jackie Kay.


I'll be judging next year's with John Agard



Over the next four days I will be in Greenwich for the UKLA conference. I was giving my paper on the Friday (peach of a spot) but have been moved to Sunday (prune of a spot) to accommodate a delegate that needs to fly home on Sunday. I agreed for the 'love of the association', but demanded a Key note speech next year in return...! We'll see.

I hope to blog from Greenwich on any exciting papers and events that may occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment