Wednesday 15 July 2009

A week to go...



As thoughts of holidays begin to emerge, I'm also beginning to think about writing 'Literacy on the Left' when I get back -when and how to begin the process...

I'm also considering preparing another paper for publication on working class student teachers from some research I have been doing in my University. The concept of 'aspiration agents' in the family has cropped up from my data. I've used this term to mean those in the family (usually Mothers) who encourage their children to engage in the curriculum at school, but more than this too - to convince their children of the merits of particular cultural investments that may not be common within the context of that family. Is 'aspiration' the right word? Is it loaded with values? I used it at the UKLA conference on Sunday morning and it was receieved favourably by the 7 delegates that were able to get out of bed after a night of drinking and dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment