Tuesday 18 August 2009

MA in Literacy and Learning


Numbers for the MA in Literacy and Learning are on the rise and once again, we should have more than enough applications to run the programme. There has been more interest than most years. As usual, I ran two promotion evenings in Chatham and Canterbury, with a very large group attending the Canterbury session. I have a list of contacts which I send promo material to and plug the MA where ever I go. Nothing new there. So, what has made the difference this year? I can't know.
The book is underway with the first chapter about to be finished in draft form. This chapter needs to draw in the reader and I attempt this by perversely offering intellectual discomfort and challenge. I declare, that after reading the book, readers will be able to plot their attitude and approach to literacy education on the political spectrum.
A friend of mine has just bought the house that appeared in the film 'Withnail and I' as Monty's Cottage. A favourite film. He intends to restore the house to how it appeared in the movie and rent it out for holidays to the faithful - "free to those who can afford it, very expensive to those who can't"

No comments:

Post a Comment