Friday 7 August 2009

Return from Holiday: UKLA Key Note Speech







I am home from Tuscany and Umbria. We stayed at two great places, one in Tuscany and the other in Umbria. Leave continues until the end of August.




My task now is to write 'Literacy on the Left'. I also learn that the United Kingdom Literacy Association (UKLA) has invited me to give a Key Note speech at their International Conference next year, to be held in the University of Winchester. I see Gunther Kress is giving one too...




Whilst staying in Umbria, we witnessed the most ferocious thunderstorm I have ever seen. The hotel was high up in the hills. We sheltered with hotel staff in the main house which was struck twice during the storm. Mean while outside, a tree was hit and cut in two (see picture above). This storm was not typical of the weather during our stay. Sunny and warm for most of the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment